The once and future king

Remember that time you did something cool? Remember that one, or maybe two times?
They were flukes, we all know it, but in that moment you were a badass.
Even if only for a moment.

Remember those moments, and get every last drop out of them.



Maybe it was that time in grade 4 when a bully tried to fake you out, pretending to throw a ball at you and you didn't even flinch, all in front of the girl you had a crush on. Maybe it was the time that somebody dissed you and you just happened, for once god damn it, to come back with the appropriate witty reply. Or maybe it was that time you were forgot to shave for a while and some black dudes said you were rocking the RICK RO$$, and you felt good to get such exclusive approval.


REMEMBER all that, because it can be good for your self esteem. You can summon those memories like they were some sort of spell of enchantment on your ego.

I was with a girl on the subway once,  and some strange lady handed me a pamphlet as we were getting off onto the platform. I looked over it, saw that it was some sort of propaganda, and tossed it. The pamphlet flew through the air spinning, curving left towards the garbage can... the subway doors started to close... then the pamphlet curved right, flying right back into the subway brief moments before the doors shut, sliding to a stop on the floor. Okay maybe that's not that cool but...

I also remember this one time in highschool I was playing basketball in gym class. I was one of the worst players on my team aside from the kid who was rumored but never confirmed to be mentally disabled. There was this one Filipino dude on the other team, known for his impressive dribbling skills. He had possession of the ball at the time and was driving down the court. Just before half court I somehow stole the ball off him, and took a jumpshot. I heard my teammates passively disapprove, thinking I just wasted our possession...

 


Kanye West Shaking Head No Kanye West Shaking His Head




 BUT THEN I SWISHED THAT SHIT YA BISH!
 
 



Everybody stormed the court, and I was a badass just for a moment...
 

then minutes later the clock struck twelve and I turned back into a pumpkin, resuming my life as an unremarkable loser

 So whenever you get down on yourself, remember that you were once the king of a moment, and you'll be king of another moment someday. It's probably true that if there was a film about your life it wouldn't be worth watching, but you could make a trailer with the best moments and still trick people into buying tickets.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic collection of .gifs. I want to get to a point in my life where I can create alternate trailers, too.

    Aim high, Willis, aim high.

    ReplyDelete